Volvo has its heart set on a new, larger luxury coupe, according to Inside Line. The Swedish automaker aims to build a model slotted above the current C70. Dubbed the C90, the model will compete directly against hardware like the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe, which means a convertible version will likely follow as well. The news comes via unnamed insiders.
2012 Volvo C70 Inscription Edition: LA 2011
- Chris Shunk
- Nov 17, 2011
Volvo doesn't have a big presence at the LA Auto Show, but the Swedish automaker did manage to roll out a new special edition model for our edification. The C70 Inscription is a new trim limited to only 2,000 units worldwide. The Inscription will be available in the U.S. with Volvo's T5 five-cylinder turbo delivering 230 horsepower. Other markets will feature a pair of diesel offerings in 150-hp and 177-hp flavors.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX