The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened new investigations concerning the Chrysler 200 and Ford Explorer. All of the vehicles in question are from the 2011 model year, with 87,000 200s and 83,000 Explorers being investigated.
2011 Ford Explorer: First Drive
- Eric Loveday
- Aug 26, 2011
For 2012, Ford will bolster its EcoBoost commitment by equipping both the Explorer and the Edge with its turbocharged, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. This pint-sized mill boosts the Explorer's fuel economy rating to "segment-leading" status and pushes the Edge to the 30-mpg mark.
- Chris Paukert
- Jul 28, 2011
Ford's reborn Explorer has been selling at a brisk clip since being introduced for the 2011 model year, with some 65,823 units finding homes through June. While that's a far cry from the line's salad days back in the '90s, that total already pips the previous generation's 2010 sales figures for the entire year. And that's with just one engine, the 3.5-liter V6.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino