NHTSA investigating Ford Escape fires
The model years being investigate are from 2001 to 2003, however, the Mercury Mariner platform-sharer is not part of the investigation, as it began its run in 2005.
There are two other cases that are under the microscope, that involve "fire-related phenomena," from sparks and melted electrical components. The suspected culprit, at this time, is the ABS module, which underwent a recall in the past.
More information to follow when we get it.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video