Those who need hatchback practicality, sportscar precision or luxury vehicle opulence need not apply, but if you're willing to take the plunge into 3 Wheeler ownership, there are a host of updates for the 2014 model that promise to make it a better drive and easier to live with. (Note: the 3 Wheeler pictured is a 2012 model from our First Drive review.)
The chassis gets increased torsional stiffness for better handling, the center drive unit is beefed up and the rear-mounted 90-degree bevel box is isolated to reduce noise vibration harshness (NVH). The steering has been revised to eliminate bump steer and improve high-speed stability, and, for those who intend to use their Morgan in slow-speed urban environments, an optional Urban Cooling Pack is offered. Styling is said to be updated, too, with new graphics, color combinations and vented bodywork. Still, we have a feeling that most of these updated 3 Wheelers won't be used as daily drivers.
Feel free to head below and check out the short press release.
Morgan 3 Wheeler Ltd. are delighted to announce the world premiere of the updated 2014 model at Motorcycle Live on 23 November 2013.
Since its introduction in 2011, 1000 vehicles have been delivered to thrilled customers, ensuring iconic status of this unique vehicle.
The Morgan policy of continuous improvement has led to a comprehensive review of the vehicle's characteristics, resulting in some important updates –
• Chassis - latest development increases torsional stiffness and improves handling
• Centre Drive Unit – increased durability and smoother power delivery
• Bevel box – isolated to improve overall noise vibration harshness (NVH)
• Steering – engineered to satisfy a broader range of markets internationally, eliminating bump
steer and increasing high speed stability
• Urban Cooling Pack – provides cool air to the engine in urban driving conditions
• Styling – comprehensive new graphics list, colour combinations and vented body work
• UK finance deals – low rate packages now available
• '30/30' Warranty – extended 30 months or 30,000 miles, terms and conditions apply