for a few more dedicated, freelance bloggers to join both the Autoblog and AutoblogGreen
teams. If you're good, we'll pay you, usher you into the cult of automotive journalism, invite you along to auto shows
, involve you in podcasting, maybe get you into a media vehicle or two and, of course, extract great writing about autos from you along the way.
It's all in a day's work
You can blog at your own schedule, and every moment is fun for the right person.
Interested? Keep reading.
We're specifically looking for:
A good candidate must exhibit:
- Night time/weekend Autoblog editor/blogger
- Bloggers for Autoblog
- Bloggers for AutoblogGreen
We also require that you:
- A demonstrated passion for autos
- Prolific knowledge of the auto industry and/or green scene
- Ability to write with wit, concision and authority
- Consistent schedule
- Self motivation
Here's how to apply.
- Possess a fast computer (laptops are best) and fast internet connection
- Own a decent digital camera
- Have the software and knowledge to create and manipulate photos
- Are available to blog on an almost daily basis
- Keep a valid drivers license
Send applications for Autoblog to firstname.lastname@example.org and for AutoblogGreen to email@example.com. Your email should have no attachments except for a resume (if you want) and include the following information inside the email.
- A subject line with your full name
- Your full contact information including physical address, email, daytime/evening phone numbers, IM user IDs
- Indication of whether you're applying for blogger or blogger/editor position
- Brief bio of yourself telling us why you're the right blogger for the job
- Three sample posts written in the Autoblog/AutoblogGreen style
- A list of cars you currently own
- Three suggestions on how to improve Autoblog and/or AutoblogGreen
- Your nomination for 2006 best auto of the year and why
We'll only consider complete applications that come with no more than a resume attached to the email. Due to the large volume of applications expected, we unfortunately cannot respond to each and every one. If you've made the cut past the first round, we'll contact you and go from there. If you've applied before we hope you apply again, as we appreciate each and every person who considers joining our team.