Mazda piggybacks on Ford Escape recall with 215,000 Tribute models of its own
The problem is a lack of clearance between the engine cover and the cruise control cable, which can prevent the driver from letting off the throttle if the cruise control is on. The situation was caused by a repair for a different recall in 2005. Mazda says the engine cover is similar enough to warrant inclusion for all years of production it has cited. It isn't known yet if Ford will expand its own recall.
Mazda Tribute Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.