Mazda piggybacks on Ford Escape recall with 215,000 Tribute models of its own
The problem is a lack of clearance between the engine cover and the cruise control cable, which can prevent the driver from letting off the throttle if the cruise control is on. The situation was caused by a repair for a different recall in 2005. Mazda says the engine cover is similar enough to warrant inclusion for all years of production it has cited. It isn't known yet if Ford will expand its own recall.
Mazda Tribute Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video