- May 26, 2011
Kia prices 2011 Soul Hamstar special edition at $20,295*
You can get with this... for $20,295. Kia has officially announced that you'll need that much dough (*plus $695 for delivery) if you want to purchase a 2011 Soul Hamstar special edition. An ode to the award-winning hip-hop hamsters seen in Kia commercials, the four-speed auto-equipped Hamstar becomes the sixth special edition Soul that Kia has offered up for sale.
The limited-production box on wheels wears Molten Red pain, which is offset with a pair of black stripes across the front doors and black trim. Black is also the color of choice for the 18-inch wheels, fender vents and fuel-filler cap. A Hamstar logo sits on the hood, and can also be seen throughout the interior.
That interior space can be filled with music thanks to the Audio Upgrade Package. A 315-watt amp pumps sound out through the speakers, but it's kicked up a notch thanks to the center speaker and subwoofer.
The full press release on the Soul Hamstar is posted after the jump. You can check out the concept version shown off at the 2010 SEMA show, by clicking through the gallery below.
- Customized Red and Black 2011 Hamstar™ Soul Arrives at Kia Dealerships
- Sixth special edition Soul is adorned with one-of-a-kind exterior graphics and interior appointments
- Hamstar Soul's 315-watt audio system features pulsing speaker lights
IRVINE, Calif., May 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- After more than seven million views online and the launch of their own clothing line, the style and flair of the music-loving hamsters from Kia Motors America's (KMA) award-winning Soul advertising campaign is hitting the streets with the arrival of the special edition 2011 Hamstar™ Soul. First seen as a concept at the 2010 SEMA Show, the Hamstar Soul builds on the success and consumer interest in the previous five special edition models and expands upon the funky urban passenger vehicle's personalization options while maintaining its appealing combination of value, safety, technology and long list of standard equipment.
The limited-run, Molten Red Hamstar Soul is based on the Soul+ trim and is dressed in custom Hamstar artwork, highlighted by a black star graphic with the signature Hamstar script logo on the hood and off-black matte finish stripes on the vehicle's sides. The exterior also features body colored bumpers with a rear bumper applique, power sunroof, fog lights, a rear sport spoiler, black 18-inch alloy wheels, black fender vents with turn signal indicator and a matte black alloy fuel door.
Interior appointments include unique Hamstar floor mats, black leather trimmed seats with heated front seats, push button start with smart key, automatic climate control and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. The Hamstar Soul also takes music enjoyment to the next level with an Audio Upgrade Package that includes a center speaker, subwoofer, 315-watt external amplifier and speaker lights that pulse to the beat of the music or simply add mood lighting.
The Hamstar Soul is now arriving at Kia dealerships with a starting Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $20,295 (2) with a 4-speed automatic transmission.
"As the first vehicle launched under Kia's design-led transformation the Soul has been a game changer for Kia, and the ongoing popularity of our out-of-the-box ad campaigns have led to record sales and dramatic increases in consumer awareness, perception and consideration of the Kia brand," said Michael Sprague, vice president of marketing & communications, KMA. "The Soul was designed to stand out in a sea of sameness and we are committed to keeping it fresh, fun and relevant in the marketplace and the special edition Hamstar Soul is the latest embodiment of that philosophy."
1) Special edition Soul vehicles will have limited availability while supplies last. Vehicles will not be available in all regions. See your local Kia retailer for details.
(2) Price is manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for base model. MSRPs exclude $695 destination and handling fee, taxes, title and license fees, additional options and retailer charges. Actual prices set by retailer.
(3) 2011 EPA fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage may vary.
(4) SIRIUS, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. SIRIUS Radio requires a subscription, sold separately after 3-month trial subscription included with vehicle purchase. Prices and programming are provided by SIRIUS and are subject to change. Subscriptions governed by SIRIUS Terms & Conditions available at sirius.com. SIRIUS Radio U.S. service available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States, D.C., and Puerto Rico (with coverage limitations).
(5) Optional Kia accessory cable required for iPod® mobile digital device connectivity. Cable and iPod® sold separately. iPod® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
(6) All warranties are limited. See retailer for warranty details or go to kia.com.