2011 Subaru Forester – Click above for high-res image gallery
has released official details on what we will be seeing in the 2011 Forester
. The company had previously announced
that the new 2.5-liter boxer four-cylinder engine will find its way under the CUV's hood, as will the same turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder found in the current XT. Speaking of the XT, Subaru will now offer the range-topping Forester in XT Premium and XT Touring guises, with Touring trim replacing Limited as the top of the line. That brings along goodies like self-adjusting HID headlights, dual-zone climate control and a backup camera.
Meanwhile, Subaru has packed in a few more goodies on nearly every trim level. Bluetooth hands-free calling and a one-touch up/down driver's window comes standard on every Forester with the exception of the very base model. In addition, it looks like both the 2.5X Premium and 2.5XT Premium will boast a new audio system complete with six speakers, USB and AUX inputs, as well as iPod and Satellite radio capability. Hit the jump
for the full list of changes.
Subaru What's New for 2011
* All-new engine for Forester 2.5X models (turbocharged 2.5XT retains current engine); new bore/stroke dimensions with slightly longer stroke; displacement slightly larger (2,498 cc vs. 2,457 cc); chain driven double overhead cam vs. belt driven single overhead cam before; 170 horsepower is same as before, at slightly lower rpm; torque is up to 174 lb.-ft. at 4,100 rpm (vs. 170 @ 4,400 rpm); fuel economy is improved: 2011 manual and automatic transmissions -- 21 mpg city / 27 mpg highway vs. 2010 20/27 for manual and 20/26 for automatic.
* New 2.5X Touring positioned above Limited: features HID headlights (low beam) with automatic height adjustment; display audio system with backup camera; dual zone automatic climate control; silver finish roof rails; electroluminescent gauges, and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
* 2.5XT models now include 2.5XT Premium and 2.5XT Touring, the latter replacing 2.5XT Limited as top Forester model.
* 2.5XT Premium gets new 10-way power driver's seat.
* Bluetooth® standard on all but base model.
* Backup camera standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring as part of new audio system.
* New standard audio system for 2.5X Premium and 2.5XT Premium: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth® hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability.
* New optional TomTom Navigation System for 2.5X Premium includes removable 4.3-inch touch-screen portable navigation device; AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling; iPod control capability and USB port. Also, a backup camera is available as an accessory with this system.
* New audio system with rear camera for 2.5X Limited and Touring and 2.5XT Touring models: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 4.3-inch display screen, Radio Broadcast Data System; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability. (The backup camera is standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring and available as an accessory for 2.5X Limited.)
* Driver's auto up/down window with pinch protection (except base model).
* New 17-inch alloy wheel design for 2.5X Premium.
* New body-color roof spoiler on 2.5XT models