Spy Shots: Saab 9-3X crossover-thingy caught
More spy shots of Saab's upcoming XC70-challenging 9-3X have just surfaced from Sweden. This offroadier 9-3
wagon SportCombi derivative has a raised suspension, "skid-plates" and extra cladding, plus jumbo exhaust tips to give it a more butch look. Looks like the Outback craze continues unabated. As we've told you before, the 9-3X will differ a bit from other 9-3s in its focus. Saab's Haldex drivetrain has shown itself to be a hoot to drive, which we noted when we sampled the Turbo X. Unlike the performance-oriented Turbo X, however, the 9-3X will use its Haldex AWD system for tackling trenches rather than twisties, offering its owners the security to tackle snow, potholes and black ice. It looks like it's going to be a busy 2009 for Saab, with the pending 9-4X, tweaks to the 9-5 and now the 9-3X.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX