Yes, kids: it's another Mustang. Today's addition to the ever-lengthening list of ponycar variants offered by Ford, Shelby, Saleen, and others comes from big-time Ford aftermarket presence, Steeda. The Pompano Beach-based company has unveiled the Steeda GT500, which, as you've correctly surmised by now, uses Ford's 500-horsepower Shelby GT500 as its starting point.
As you've also probably guessed, the Steeda-modified 'Stang is pushing over 600 horsepower to those rear wheels. No solid number is provided in the press release, but given that the Steeda GT500 incorporates the company's cold air intake, ECU tune, and pulley upgrade, we figure on the output being somewhere between 625 and 644 horsepower. At least.
Engine work's just part of the deal, as the GT500 also benefits from a full suite of new suspension components, upgraded brakes, a new shifter, and a new exhaust. The full list of mods can be seen after the jump or via the "Read" link below. The price? $13,995 for the whole shebang (you supply the car, natch).
Thanks to Drew for the tip!
Steeda Introduces the Steeda GT500 – Over 600HP & Uncompromised Handling!
Steeda Autosports President Dario Orlando chose the 2007 Camp Steeda / SVT Owners Association Open Track Event at the famed Sebring International Raceway for the world debut of the new Steeda GT500. Steeda Autosports took the fine platform that Ford Motor Company's SVT Team developed and performed that special Steeda magic to further transform the stallion into an all out performance vehicle – perfect for the discerning performance enthusiast who wants only the very best in engineering and performance.
Not wanting to rest on their laurels, the Steeda Engineering Team took the GT500 to the "Ultimate Level" by using their sophisticated CAD/CAM engineering modeling intelligence, rapid design, and in-house manufacturing capabilities to deliver a completed vehicle worthy of the name: The Steeda GT500. With powerful engine upgrades and the most extensive suspension upgrades available, the Steeda GT500 is the most finely tuned and best performing GT500 on the planet ! Included with this upgrade is the all new and patented Steeda Coilover Suspension System, derived from over one year of research and development, that greatly enhances aggressive performance driving without detracting from ride quality.
Performance modifications made to the vehicle include:
* Steeda GT500 Pro-Flow Cold Air Intake - Product Link
* Steeda /SCT Performance ECU Tune - Product Link
* Steeda Upper Supercharger Pully - Product Link
* Steeda Axle-Back Stainless Steel System - Product Link
* Steeda 13" Rear Brake upgrade Kit - Product Link
* Steeda 14" Slotted Front Rotors and upgraded pads - Product Link
* Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter - Product Link
* Steeda Coilover Suspension System - Product Link
* Steeda Performance Alignment
* Steeda Billet Rear Lower Control Arms - Product Link
* Steeda Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets - Product Link
* Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar - Product Link
* Steeda Double Adjustable 3rd Link - Product Link
* Steeda Competition Front Swaybar - Product Link
* Steeda Billet Swaybar Mount Kit - Product Link
* Steeda Competition Rear Swaybar - Product Link
* Steeda X5 Balljoints - Product Link
* Steeda Bumpsteer Kit - Product Link
At an upgrade price of $13,995, the Steeda GT500 – simply the best performing and most exclusive GT500 available. Contact your local Steeda authorized dealer, call Steeda directly at 954-960-0774, or visit www.steeda.com for more information.