"Cars are the new homeless shelters"
Our corporate cousins at AOL Real Estate have put together a profile of this trend – one that they say bares a resemblance to the "Ford families" of the Great Depression. What's most interesting about the piece is how it challenges typical assumptions about homelessness – that if these people would just "get a job," they could solve their problems.
As one woman quoted in the piece says, "We live just like every other family except we sleep in the minivan."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models