Limited edition Mustangs were all-too-common with the last generation pony car, and Ford has teamed up with DUB magazine and Roush Industries to get the party restarted with the 2011 model.
Based exclusively on the 305-hp V6 'Stang, the DUB Edition is available in coupe, convertible or glass-roof variants, and comes equipped with a Roush front fascia and splitter, quarter window covers, windshield banner, stripe package and a black interior with the DUB logo embroidered into the headrests.
Fittingly for a Mustang fettled by the lifestyle pub, the DUB edition rolls on 20-inch TIS wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber, with Roush lowering springs dropping the Mustang for a more aggressive stance. Although the engine remains stock, a 3.31 rear axle is fitted out back to provide, in Ford's words, more "spirited acceleration."
Sales of the DUB Edition will begin this fall, with either an automatic or six-speed manual gearbox, and a choice of four exterior colors: Black, Grabber Blue, Ingot Silver or Race Red. Make the jump for all the details.
DEARBORN, Mich., May 3, 2010 – Ford Motor Company is teaming up with automotive lifestyle magazine DUB to roll out a specially customized version of the new 2011 Mustang, introducing the iconic sports car to a new generation of enthusiasts.
The DUB Edition Mustang is based on Ford's outstanding new 3.7-liter V-6 Mustang and will be available this fall. A collaboration between Ford, DUB and Roush Industries, the DUB Edition Mustang will be offered as a coupe, convertible or with the best-of-both-worlds Glass Roof option. Both six-speed manual and automatic transmissions are available.
"The Ford Mustang is the most customized vehicle in the world, and this collaboration pushes the boundaries even further," said Fritz Wilke, Mustang brand manager. "We're proud of our relationship with DUB and Roush and how they worked together to bring a new look to Mustang, helping the 2011 DUB Edition Mustang V-6 appeal to a whole new audience."
• 2011 DUB Edition Mustang introduces Ford Mustang to a whole new generation of buyers
• Based on the new 305-hp Mustang V-6, the DUB Edition will sport 20-inch TIS wheels and Pirelli tires and be available in coupe, convertible and Glass Roof body styles
• The 2011 Mustang V-6 coupe uses advanced technologies and improved aerodynamics to become the first production vehicle to make 300-plus hp and return 30-plus mpg highway
Available only with Ford's new high-tech, 305-horsepower DOHC 3.7-liter V-6, the DUB Edition Mustang will offer:
• 20-inch TIS wheels with Pirelli performance tires
• Roush front fascia and splitter
• Roush quarter window louvers and windshield banner
• Roush lowering springs
• Coupe, convertible or Glass Roof body style
• Six-speed manual or automatic transmission
• 3.31 rear axle ratio for spirited acceleration
• DUB logo embroidered in front headrest and DUB stripe package
• Black interior
• Choice of four exterior colors: Black, Grabber Blue, Race Red or Ingot Silver
"Working with Ford and Roush is an honor and has been a dream come true for DUB," said Myles Kovacs, president and co-founder of DUB magazine. "The Mustang is such an iconic muscle car and has always been a customizer's favorite. The DUB Edition Mustang stays true to its roots, but I think we've successfully brought a ton of hustle to the muscle."
About the 2011 Mustang V-6
For 2011, Mustang is available with a lightweight, all-new high-performance powerplant. Displacing 3.7 liters, the double-overhead-cam (DOHC) 24-valve V-6 uses Ford's Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to produce remarkable power output – 305 horsepower and 280 ft.-lb. of torque – while still achieving up to 31 mpg highway.
Drivers can get the most out of the new V-6 engine using either an all-new six-speed manual or automatic transmission. With either choice comes the flexibility and fuel economy benefit of six forward ratios.
The 2011 Mustang has also received enhancements to its chassis to maintain the outstanding balance and driving behavior Mustang owners expect. Combined with state-of-the-art safety and technology features, the 2011 Mustang sets a new standard in the sports coupe class.