VW could cut production, new models to weather downturn
A source tells the German magazine that several things are on the agenda. Production cuts are almost a given and plans for future models are not safe. Automobilwoche specifically mentions the plant currently being built in Chattanooga as one that will be under review.
Hopefully this is not the end of the on again/off again U.S.-bound Scirocco or the Mk VI GTI we were looking forward to. But don't get your hopes up for that mid-engined roadster debuting in Detroit.
[Source: Automotive News - Sub. Req. via Automobilwoche]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies