Audi of America announced pricing for the much-anticipated 2007 RS 4 at the New York Auto Show Thursday, reaffirming the racer's adage, "Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?" Including destination charges and the gas guzzler tax, the new RS 4 will set you back at least $68,820. A fully-optioned bahnstormer will cost $73,870.
In return for all that green, you get one heck of a sedan:
- direct injection 4.2-liter V8 engine, producing 420 hp at 7800 rpm, 317 ft-lb of torque, and 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds
- six speed manual transmission and quattro AWD
- 19-inch alloys with 255/35 rim protectors
- sport suspension with Dynamic Ride Control
- 8-piston front brakes
- information display with integrated lap timer
The five grand option package includes a nav system, CD changer, upgraded sound system, additional air bags and other goodies.
Audi will start ringing the register for the RS 4 in June.
[Source: Audi of America]