Those crazy German engineers are at it again; this time planning for the day an engine will combine gasoline and diesel technologies. Dr. Thomas Weber, board member responsible for research, technology and development at MB has this to say about the diesotto: "Step by step, the components of diesel and petrol engines are growing closer: the combustion process, common-rail direct injection, turbocharging. In the end, we believe this development will see the complete integration of the two engines into one type which combines the best of petrol and diesel." Oh, and the name? It's a mash-up of Rudolph Diesel and Nikolaus Otto, the two German inventors of the diesel and four-stroke Otto-cycle engines.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX