That insane power number comes courtesy of a twin-turbocharged, 5.0-liter V8 that, in addition to the 1,341 hp, puts out an equally pavement-warping 1,011 pound-feet of torque. Koenigsegg hasn't released a 0-60 time, but we imagine it's something like six milliseconds, and we're told the car can theoretically top out at near 273 miles per hour. You know, no big deal.
The One:1 can pull around 2Gs of cornering force on road-legal tires, and with active aero bits like a rear wing and independent, left and right front flaps, Koenigsegg says 1,345 pounds of downforce are available at 160 mph, to keep everything copacetic. Insanely copacetic, of course.
Want one? Too bad. Koenigsegg only plans to build six examples of the Agera One:1, and all of them have been spoken for. Oh well. Have a look at this insane car in the gallery above, live from Geneva.
Celebrating 20 Years By introducing - The Agera One:1 – Worlds first Megacar
- Worlds first 1:1 (One:1) power to curb weight ratio homologated production car (kg/hp)
- World's first Megacar - 1 Megawatt of power homologated production car
- 2 G cornering capability on road legal production cup tires
- 610 kg down force at 260 km/h (160 mph) utilizing advanced active under and over body aerodynamics
- Chassis with active ride height and shock absorbing including variable stiffness spring ratios
- Fully active aero with independent left and right front flaps under front splitter and hydraulically actuated top mounted dual plane rear wing
- 3G and GPS controlled Predictive Active Chassis and Aero Track Mode
- 20% lighter carbon chassis and body due to implementation of M46J & M55J high modulus fibers
- 3D-VGT - Koenigsegg patented 3D printed variable turbo housing – gives improved response and bottom end torque
- 3G connection for telemetry, performance, lap times and software upgrades, including owners iPhone app
- New Koenigsegg developed Carbon fiber ventilated memory foam racing seats
- 3D printed titanium exhaust end piece saves 400 grams compared to Aluminium counterpart
- Active noise canceling seat option
- Top Speed – has not been a priority, as the One:1 is a track focused car - however, the One:1 is anticipated to be, the world's fastest homologated production car, with a simulated top speed of > 440 km/h, due to high power and high rpm capability in combination with strong tires and active aero
- Many more exiting and new features will be present at the show
- Program fully pre-sold prior to introduction
- Welcome to stand 1259 in hall 1 to join our 20 Years Celebration with the introduction of the One:1!
Koenigsegg Celebrating 20 Years
The journey of Koenigsegg, since inception, is truly incredible. It all started on August 12th 1994 when a young man, age 22, set out to realize his childhood dream. A young man fuelled by passion, ingenuity and mind-bending will.
Christian von Koenigsegg had just made up his mind to live his dream and start his own car company. The odds were stacked against him. It was a now or never moment.
His idea was to create a sports car that he felt did not currently exist and one which he believed would be desired – two essential necessities for success, Christian felt.
The concept: A lightweight mid-engined car, with a detachable, stowable hardtop. A wrap-around screen for good visibility and aerodynamics. Short overhangs with two large intercooler intakes on the side of the car, behind the mass centre to aid high speed stability.
A car that looked and felt good with the top up, as well as in roadster guise, transformed in minutes with the hard top neatly tucked away inside the car. A car with a timeless efficient appearance that age like good wine.
This was a mid-engine car concept that did not exist at the time. The CC8S was born. Every Koenigsegg created since includes this simple but effective DNA and stay true to Christian's original vision.
It has been an amazing ride. From boyhood dream to a shining, all-conquering and powerful reality. It's awe-inspiring stuff that dreams are made of.
Five production models with as many Guinness production car records later - it is a fact, Koenigsegg has exploded on to the scene and is here to stay.
When Christian is asked what his greatest achievement is - he says without hesitation: -Living the dream!
Just imagine what the next 20 years will hold.
Time for the One:1