Petrolicious, Hawaii and the Volvo P1800
John Patterson gets to do just that, piloting a gorgeous red P1800 along a gorgeous stretch of tarmac on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, the northernmost of Hawaii's main islands. His fixed route gets him to and from work, and that's about it, owing to the unique way of life in his state.
"There's nowhere to go, so having a car is not a way to express your independence and how you're going to leave and go out on the open road to have an adventure," Patterson told Petrolicious. "You're really just going to drive it around... and then go home the same way you went."
Take a look at Patterson, his P1800 and the gorgeous Hawaiian scenery in the latest video from the team at Petrolicious.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models