Report: GM, Ford slow production at seven plants due to Canadian storms
Among the FoMoCo casualties of this week's winter wonderland? The Flex, Edge and Explorer, but work was also held up on the Lincoln MKT and MKS. Additionally, the slowdown may impact the automakers' fourth-quarter results, since most carmakers record their revenue when vehicles are assembled at the plant.
Interestingly enough, Chrysler, which operates facilities in Canada, has apparently not had to slow or stop production because of the weather. Likewise, the Honda plant in Marysville, Ohio is operating normally so far this season.
[Source: Bloomberg | Image: John Ehlke/AP /The Flint Journal]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video