2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster SuperLow – Click above for high-res image gallery
Shoppers at Harley-Davidson
dealers across North America will be faced with the choice of three new models this year, as the 2011 lineup marks the release of the Sportster SuperLow, XR1200X and Road Glide Ultra. This hat trick of new releases increases Milwaukee's total offerings to an impressive 32 unique (that is... as long as you want a V-twin and two or three wheels
If your confidence is in need of inspiration, as H-D words it, than the new SuperLow may be just what you're looking for. Sporting a design and build that highlight ease of handling and a low stand-over height, the SuperLow may drag pegs through the turns, but it should also help keep confidence high at stoplights. The second model, named the XR1200X (which we previously covered here
) claims to "hone Sportster performance to its very limit" offering standard adjustable suspension, floating front brake rotors, and a high compression version of the 1200cc Evo engine packaged in the XR chassis
. The matte-black finish of the engine and drive components complete the no-nonsense look of the XR1200X.
Rounding out the new releases is the Road Glide Ultra, which has its sights set further on the horizon while wielding a frame-mounted fairing. The new cockpit encases a four-speaker Harmon Kardon Audio system (with iPod connection), as well as a cruise control feature, amongst other luxuries. More touring amenities include the King Tour Pack, luggage carrier and standard ABS... we expect Route 66 has another thing coming.
Four new CVO variations
will be available in limited quantities for the 2011 model year, several of which we recently had an opportunity to put through their paces, so stay tuned for the imminent full ride reports on all the new bacon from
Harley-Davidson. For now, you can see more pictures and read the press release after the break.
HARLEY-DAVIDSON OFFERS THREE NEW MODELS FOR 2011
Plus New PowerPak Touring Combo and Available ABS for Softail® models
MILWAUKEE (July 27, 2010) – Harley-Davidson introduces the new SuperLow™, XR1200X and Road Glide® Ultra models with its expansive line of 2011-model-year motorcycles. With 32 models including urban brawlers, long-haul touring machines, contemporary customs drenched in chrome, dark retro-style bobbers, exhilarating sport roadsters and inviting standards, Harley-Davidson offers a motorcycle to match the desires of almost any street rider. Each rolls to the sound track of the American road, a syncopated V-Twin cadence that is the pulse of every Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
Highlights of the 2011 Harley-Davidson line include:
* The new SuperLow combines revised front end geometry, new wheels and tires with a reshaped seat and handlebars to achieve well-balanced handling and comfort that will inspire confidence in new riders and exhilarate those with experience.
* The qualities of a frame-mounted fairing and luxury touring accommodations come together in the new Road Glide Ultra. Powered by a Twin Cam 103™ engine, this long-haul beauty comes equipped with a King Tour-Pak® luggage carrier, vented fairing lowers, ABS (anti-lock braking system), Harley-Davidson Smart Security System, cruise control, and a four-speaker, 80-watt Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio System.
* The new XR1200X is Harley-Davidson Sportster® performance honed to its finest edge, with adjustable front and rear suspension, floating front brake rotors and the surging power of a high-compression 1200cc Evolution® V-Twin engine.
* Select Touring models gain power and technology with the new Harley-Davidson PowerPak, which bundles the Twin Cam 103™ engine with ABS (anti-lock braking system) and the H-D® Smart Security System. PowerPak is a standard feature on the 2011 Road King® Classic, Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and Road Glide® Ultra models, and will be available as a factory-installed option on the 2011 Street Glide® and Road Glide® Custom models.
* 2011 Harley-Davidson Softail models except Cross Bones® are newly available with optional ABS. New hand controls add features, convenience and cleaner styling.
* The 2011 VRSC™ power-cruisers are available with a new Security Package option, which bundles ABS with a Smart Security System for greater value. Michelin® Scorcher™ tires and new colors and graphics round out changes to the Night Rod® Special and the V-Rod Muscle™.
* The four 2011 Dyna® models project pure attitude. Built with the rawest styling of all the Big Twin motorcycles, Dyna models are a customizer's dream. Each is offered in new colors.
Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO™) offers four premium, limited-production motorcycles for 2011.
* The new CVO Road Glide Ultra features a Road Tech® zumo® 660 GPS navigation system, upgraded Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system with BOOM! Bagger speakers and an 8GB iPod® nano® and dock, and a two-up suspended touring seat with dual heat controls.
* The CVO Street Glide rolls on a new 19-inch Agitator™ front wheel, and new ventilated fairing lowers house two of the six speakers that are part of a 100-watt-per-channel audio system that incorporates an 8GB iPod nano with dock.
* The CVO Softail Convertible has a new audio system that integrates 3.5-inch speakers and a 20-watt-per-channel amplifier into a redesigned inner fairing. Music is delivered by an 8GB iPod nano stored in a protective pouch. Also new is a 1.25-inch welded mini-ape handlebar, Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), cruise control, keyless ignition and ABS.
* The CVO Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® has a new suspended, heated, two-up seat with leather inserts. Dual mufflers feature new chrome billet end caps with black spears, and new mirrors are finished in mirror chrome.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.