Mulally: Car Czar should keep hands off product decisions
Recent comments made by CEO Alan Mulally may offer a glimpse as to why the Blue Oval's so hesitant to take a handout. After expressing that he's looking forward to working with the incoming Obama administration, Ford's CEO said, "My god, I hope that a car czar does not get into the product strategy of the companies," specifically referring to whether the car czar should decide who makes police cars and taxis. Hopefully, whoever is appointed to the position (if anybody is at all) would have abundant experience in the American automotive world, lest something really bad should happen.
[Source: Automotive News - sub. req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies