- May 28, 2008
Edo Competition revisits the Maserati MC12
Click to view the Edo Maserati MC12 in our hi-res gallery
There is no shortage in the automotive world of tuners endeavoring to squeeze extra performance out of already devastatingly fast cars. But Edo Competition is a breed apart. For those still unfamiliar, check out our previous posts on Edo's customized Lamborghini LP640, Ferrari 599 and Porsche Carrera GT, which demonstrate that, in Edo's blue eyes, perfection is relative and can always be improved upon. Their latest venture was to crank up the Ferrari Enzo, and have once again turned their attention to its sister supercar, the Maserati MC12.
This, of course, isn't the first time the German tuning house has taken their hammers to the uber-Trident, having cranked out the MC12 XX and cranked up the MC12 Corsa. A bit more subdued than its predecessors, the latest MC12 package aims to improve the super-exotic's power-to-weight ratio, which came as stock a bit lower than that of the Enzo due to more bodywork. Edo has managed to trim 220 lbs of extra weight from the Maserati, while increasing power by 70 cavalli to 700hp. Edo has also fitted a host of modified components from the variable exhaust and adjustable rear wing to the retuned suspension and new wheel package. Visual changes were kept to a minimum, but customers can always specify their own exterior and interior mods. Check out the stats after the jump and the images in the gallery below.
[Source: Edo Competition via WCF]
edo Maserati MC12
Power est. 700 hp (514 kW) at 8200 rpm
Max. torque est. 715 Nm (527 ft-lb) at 5800 rpm
Top speed > 370 km/h (230 mph)
0 – 100 km/h (0 – 62 mph) est. 3.5s
0 – 200 km/h (0 – 124 mph) est. 9.5s
0 – 300 km/h (0 – 186 mph) est. 22.0s
- Power increase of 70 horsepower thanks to new exhaust headers like on the Ferrari FXX, highflow catalytic converter, performance muffler, modified intake system, new carbon fiber airbox like on the Maserati MC12 Corsa, high-flow air filters and ECU recalibration
- Stainless steel muffler with adjustable remote-controlled butterfly-valve, new exhaust tips
- Exhaust sound level adjustable at the push of a button
- High-performance ceramic composite brake system with 396 mm (15.6 in.) front rotors and 360 mm (14.2in.) rear rotors, special brake pads front and rear
- Wheels can be custom-painted on request
- Tire pressure monitoring system displaying air pressure and tire temperature for each wheel
- Makrolon headlight covers
- Appearance modifications, for example different exterior color
- Sport suspension for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping like on the FIA GT MC12. Nose lift functionality is retained.
- Air intakes in carbon fiber
- Weight reduction of 100 kg (220 lb)!!
- Special lightweight wheels with Michelin tires
front: 10 x 19 with 265/35 ZR 19 and
rear: 13 x 20 with 335/30 ZR 20
- New high-performance clutch. Extremely lightweight. Two different friction compounds selectable (strada/pista)
- New rear wing, adjustable
- New transmission control unit. Same shift times as on the Maserati MC12 Corsa