Report: Tata to get full stake in Jaguar and Land Rover
The word out of Mumbai this morning is that Tata will be going for "an outright purchase" of Jaguar and Land Rover when the ink dries on its buyout of the two automakers from Ford. It was originally assumed that Ford would still maintain a minority stake in both luxury marques, as it did with the sale of Aston Martin to Prodrive last year, but the Blue Oval boys have determined that the Tata is well equipped to take over both brands entirely. However, we're unsure if Tata has the infrastructure to supply Jag and L.R. with the necessary components, from drivetrains to switch knobs. We'll know more when the deal is sealed in the coming months.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX