- Jul 23, 2007
300HP no more: Official specs for Dodge Caliber SRT-4
- 2.4L DOHC 16V Dual VVT 4-cylinder intercooled/turbocharged World Engine with 280hp @ 6000-6400rpm, 260 lb-ft torque @ 200-5600rpm.
- 0-60mph = 6.2 seconds
- 1/4 mile = 14.6 seconds
- Top speed = 157mph
- The SRT-4 will have a choice of two different 19" 5-spoke rims, the painted ones like on current SRT's, and the chrome ones.
- Final colours that are offered are brilliant black, sunburst orange, bright silver and inferno red (So no new colours like we'd hoped for the SRT).
- The front driver seat FOLDS FLAT.
- NO MyGIG.
- ***NEW INTERIOR*** Offered in what they call a "new completely dark slate grey" (huge improvement from the sound of it).
The actual numbers aren't necessarily bad, but after what we were promised, these seem a bit soft. There's also the feeling that perhaps 300 hp was more than the Caliber could handle, which doesn't endear it to would-be backyard tuners. Especially when compared to competitors like the Mazdaspeed3 and new WRX, the Caliber seems to do less with more. Even with a horsepower edge, the acceleration, in particular, seems disappointing. We'll have to wait for a full road test to see if these numbers are conservative.