GM SEMA Showcase #2: Cars
For a taste of Detroit and Europe blended together, look no further than the Buick Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner by Rick Bottom Custom Motor Sports of Mendota, Ill. This interpretation of the Lucerne delivers a great, fun-to-drive enthusiast's commuter car that occasionally ferries business passengers.
The Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner begins with a two-tone exterior finish with White Gold Flash tri-coat on the sides and Glacier Gold Flash over the top down to the beltline. The colors are divided by a 1/8-inch Gold Miststripe. The two-tone effect conveys a lower, sleeker look.
A ground effects kit consisting of add-on body pieces to the front and rear fascias and rocker panels brings the body closer to the pavement for a performance-oriented look. A small deck spoiler visually extends the length of the trunk. CXX badging tops off the package.
And speaking of the V-8, the Lucerne CXX's existing Northstar powerplant gets a 20-percent power increase from revised ECU programming, and a Corsa exhaust with noise-cancellation technology provides a throaty sound but whisper-quiet cruising.
Because stance is everything in a performance ride, the Rick Bottom customizers reduced the tire-to-fender gap for an Autobahn-capable appearance, and reduced the ride height by 2.25 inches.
Inside, buttery soft Cashmere leather with perforated inserts on the seats allows the full functioning of the cooled-seat feature. An audio/visual/navigation system worthy of a luxury liner awaits drivers and passengers. The vehicle is equipped with OnStar.
* Razzi front chin spoiler, rear bumper extension overlay and rocker panel covers
* Bronze window tint
* Weld EVO forged spoke 20-inch wheels, one-piece multi-spoke with chrome plating mated with Dunlop 245/40R20 low-profile, quiet tread tires
* Variable rate drop coils by Sprint
* Eclipse state-of-the-art hard drive-based navigation system, satellite radio, DVD, CD, two CD changers, HDD radio, rear-seat monitors, class D amplifiers, X-box plus iPod connection. Features three-way components up front, three-way in the rear, three 10-inch subwoofers for 3,000 watts of power
* Fourteen-inch vented and slotted brake rotors with aluminum calipers in black from Stainless Steel Brakes Corp.
* RBCM chrome accents throughout, including on speaker grilles, bezel around headunit
* Sound-deadening material by Hushmat
* Transmission upgrades by Bowler Performance Transmission
* Paints products from Glasurit
* Audio installation by SOUND DECISION
* Corsa exhaust
* Buick Accessories steering wheel and shift knob
Winning in the showrooms and on the racetrack, the Pontiac Solstice is fresh off its first-ever Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Showroom Stock B National Championship, and this fully race-prepared Solstice Club Sport is a shining example of how weekend racers should equip their own Solstice for success in SCCA. All SCCA Club Racing Solstices are equipped with the Z0K Club Sport regular production order option, and this Solstice is no different. Developed by GM Performance Division, the Club Sport option features the standard five-speed manual transmission along with anti-lock brake system (ABS), a limited-slip differential and FE3 suspension. The FE3 suspension is made up of lower control arms with higher-rate bushings, larger stabilizer bars, stiffer stabilizer bar bushings, endlinks and clamps, performance-valved shocks and higher rate springs.
Powered by a 177-hp, 2.4-liter Ecotec engine with a five-speed manual transmission, no other options are available when ordering a Solstice Club Sport, but this SEMA version also features some standard components and safety equipment required by SCCA to make it track ready, including a removable carbon fiber hardtop, rollcage, Hoosier 245/35R18 racing ties, Stainless Steel Brakes Corp. racing brakes, Sparco six-point safety harness and fire suppression system. Racetech racing seats, cat-back exhaust, Sparco racing steering wheel and an Orange Crush paint scheme make this Solstice Club Sport ready to take on all challengers.
* Ecotec 2.4-liter I-4 VVT
* Five-speed manual transmission
* Z0K Club Sport regular production order option package, which includes ABS, limited slip rear differential and FE3 suspension
* Custom-painted removable carbon fiber hardtop
* Cat-back exhaust system
* Racetech racing seats
* Hoosier 245/35R18 racing tires
* Standard safety equipment, including a roll cage, fire suppression system and Sparco six-point harness
* Custom, Orange Crush racing-inspired paint scheme
* Stainless Steel Brakes Corp. racing brakes
***NO IMAGE AVAILABLE***
Sleek and seductive in its original form, Pontiac Solstice GXP-R ratchets up the head-turning quotient – as well as performance – a number of notches. The turbocharged Ecotec engine in this SEMA-only vehicle delivers an amazing 300 horsepower and 315 lb.-ft. of torque at a low 3250 rpm. Bringing this much power to safe, controllable stops are the upgraded calipers and rotors included in the SSBC Performance Brake Package. The brakes are mounted behind custom 19-inch x 8.5-inch wheels shod with Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40ZR19 tires. To provide enhanced airflow to the engine compartment, Solstice GXP-R features a front fascia with upper inlets and recessed lower grilles. Additional functional vehicle enhancements include modified air extractors, a rear fascia and a rear spoiler. Solstice GXP-R's exterior is swathed in Hydro Blue paint and modified mesh graphics. The exterior paint theme is accentuated in the vehicle's interior, which features blue accent stitching throughout and a custom bezel and trim treatment.
* 2.0L turbo Ecotec ported/tuned engine delivering 300 horsepower @ 3250 rpm and 315 lb.-ft. of torque @ 3250 rpm
* SSBC Performance Brake Package
* PPG Hydro Blue paint
* Custom 19-inch x 8.5-inch wheels
* Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40ZR19 tires
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models