Hybrid CR-V cancelled, Fit Hybrid will not get Insight engine
Perhaps more enlightening is the claim that the Fit Hybrid will not get the Honda Insight's hybrid powerplant, but instead a modified version of the same Integrated Motor Assist hybrid powerplant currently used in the Civic. While the Fit Hybrid won't be here until the next gen car arrives in 2008, the premium for its presence will only be a scant $1,800 with fuel economy still expected to be in the mid 50-mpg range.
The original claim that the Fit would receive the Insight's engine and that there would be a CR-V hybrid came from HybridCars.com, which claimed its information also came from insiders within Honda. So we're not quite sure who to believe this time.
[Source: Inside Line]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models