There are a great many things we love about the Jaguar F-Type, but one of them is that, whatever price point you're looking at, there's an F-Type for you. (Well, not any price point... this is a Jag we're talking about, but pricing varies greatly.) Got $65k to spend? That'll get you into a base F-Type V6 coupe, and you'll likely be happy for it. Eighty grand will get you into an F-Type V6 S, $90k into a V8 S roadster, and a cool hundred grand will get you the top-of-the-line F-Type R coupe. But what if you want to spend more than that? What if you've got more like $165,000 in your pocket and it's burning a hole when it should be burning rubber?
Well we've got good news for you, friend, because that's exactly how much the exclusive F-Type Project 7 will set you back. Making its US debut during Monterey car week, Jaguar has announced that the most exclusive version of its two-seat sports car – revealed in production spec just recently at the Goodwood Festival of Speed – will cost $165k in the US (plus the standard $925 delivery charge). That's roughly the price of an F-Type R and a base F-Type V6.
For all that scratch, you get an open-top roadster with 575 horsepower on tap – more than any production road car Jaguar has ever made before, and that includes the XJ220 and ultra-rare XJR-15 supercars. The most potent version yet of Jaguar's ubiquitous and long-serving 5.0-liter supercharged V8 is enough to send Project 7 to 60 in 3.8 seconds and on to an electronically limited top speed of 186 miles per hour.
Deliveries begin next Spring, and those customers fortunate enough will have a choice of Glacier White (revealed for the first time in this fresh batch of images) or Ultra Blue (like the concept). If you can believe it, black, red or green (like the version shown at Goodwood) will cost you extra.
- Named in honor of seven Jaguar wins at Le Mans, the F-TYPE Project 7 is a road-legal two-seater inspired by the Jaguar D-Type
- Created by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) team, F-TYPE Project 7 will be a limited production vehicle
- Powered by a 575hp 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine, F-TYPE Project 7 is capable of accelerating - 0-60mph in 3.8 seconds with an electronically-limited top speed of 186mph(1)
- F-TYPE Project 7 will be available in two standard colors – Glacier White and Ultra Blue. British Racing Green, Ultimate Black and Caldera Red will also be available as optional upgrades
- Customer deliveries will start in Spring 2015
- US Pricing starting at $165,000(2)
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – August 14, 2014 – Following its global introduction at the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed, the U.S. version of the production F-TYPE Project 7 will debut at the 2014 Monterey Car Week. Aptly named to reflect seven Jaguar overall wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, F-TYPE Project 7 is inspired by the Jaguar D-Type which celebrates its 60th anniversary this year.
Created by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations team, the F-TYPE Project 7 will be a limited production all-aluminum, fully road-legal two-seater roadster with bespoke aerodynamic aids. To further emphasize the Jaguar racing heritage, the vehicle will feature a 575hp 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine with a 0-60mph acceleration time of 3.8 seconds and an electronically-limited top speed of 186mph.
The F-TYPE Project 7 will come to market in two standard color schemes – Glacier White, a metallic white which is the feature color for the model and Ultra Blue, a metallic take on French Racing Blue and the signature color of the Jaguar Land Rover SVO team. British Racing Green, Ultimate Black and Caldera Red will also be available as optional upgrades.
For more information on F-TYPE Project 7 visit: www.JaguarUSA.com/FTYPEProject7
(1) Always follow local speed limits
(2) Price shown is MSRP. Excludes $925 destination and delivery fee. Excludes taxes, title, license and retailer fees all due at signing and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.