How does Tesla Model S P85D acceleration compare in Sport vs. Insane mode?
The results were everything we've been promised: 3.17 seconds from 0 to 60 miles per hour in Insane mode, 4.04 seconds in Sport. That compares to 5.2 seconds for the non-Performance version of the dual-motor Model S, the 85D, but it's not like it's really fair: the P85D has 691 horsepower and 864 pound-feet of torque. That's the insane part.
We're looking forward to January 18th, when they're going to drag-race 12 Model S' against each other and various exotics at Palm Beach International Raceway. Meanwhile, you can check out the Drag Times acceleration runs in the video above.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies