De Tomaso to unveil new Pantera at Frankfurt
Half a year after reviving the brand, inexplicably, with the Deauville concept, rumor has it that De Tomaso is getting ready to unveil a Pantera successor at September's upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new supercar – which revives the nameplate of the 70s classic pictured above – is said to weigh less than 1,200 kilograms (2,645 pounds), which, coupled to a 600-horsepower Chevrolet Corvette V8, ought to dial-in some blistering performance.
The spy video we brought you a couple of months ago certainly looked – and sounded – promising, but we'll have to wait until September to see how the finished product turns out.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models