Autocar pits BMW 1 Series M Coupe against Porsche Cayman R
The 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe has been setting hearts on fire across the automotive press since Munich started teasing the car a couple years ago. Now that it has finally arrived, Autocar decided to see if it lived up to its own hype when faced with the lithe 2011 Porsche Cayman R.
We'll save giving away the outcome of the comparison in the video, but suffice it to say the 1M Coupe satisfies expectations. It brings back the raw, visceral driving experience characteristic of the old M cars and is relatively affordable. All things we dig. With that knowledge safely in hand, click past the jump to see how the little M rocket stacks up to the competition.
BMW 1 Series M Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video