On Again, Off Again: New F1 engine regs pique Volkswagen's interest
According to reports coming in from the paddock, Volkswagen is encouraged by the new formula approved by the FIA for 2013 that will replace the current V8 engines with a new breed of turbo fours joined again with KERS hybrid braking systems.
The company's racing chief Hans-Joachim Stuck (pictured above) stopped short of committing, but domestic publications have quoted the former grand prix driver as saying things like "The engine rules are a good starting point for Volkswagen in Formula One", and "The conditions for a possible entrance of the Volkswagen group have been created". If that isn't opening the door again, we don't know what is.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models