Mercury production to cease in late September?
Since announcing the closure of the Mercury division on June 2, Ford hasn't given any firm dates on when any action would be taken. Dealers did submit their final factory orders last month and those orders will be filled and delivered to dealerships in about 30 days. After that, it's all dealer trades if a particular establishment needs more cars or SUVs. All 1,712 Mercury dealerships carry at least one other brand, so it doesn't necessarily mean that they will close, but some are certainly going to get out of the game. We'll be sure to hasten any message we get from Ford to you as more news becomes available.
[Source: Automotive News – sub. req.]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models