Click above for a high-res gallery of the Edo Competition Ferrari Enzo.
Edo Competition has no qualms about taking positively perfect exotic machinery and tweaking it to suit customer's tastes. And when it comes to the paragon of rolling automotive masterworks, the Ferrari Enzo is arguably King of the Hill.
While the Enzo isn't lacking in either the power or appearance department, that hasn't stopped Edo from making some subtle changes to the Enzo's exterior and powertrain. Edo began by replacing the intake with a revised ram-air system and a set of high-flow air filters, then worked its magic downstream with a set of headers similar to those in the FXX, along with a duo of high-flowing cats and a new exhaust system with remote-controlled, butterfly valves that allow the sound levels to be adjusted on the fly. All those bits are tuned through a modified ECU to produce 700 hp and 527 lb.-ft. of torque, which is sent through a heavy-duty clutch and on down to a retuned stock transmission that replicates the shift times of the FXX.
The Enzo's factory rolling stock has been replaced with 19x10-inch wheels in front and 20x13-inch wheels in the rear, wrapped in Michelin tires sized 265/35 R19 and 335/30 R20, respectively. The wheels can be custom painted to the customer's specs and a new suspension package, with adjustable compression and rebound, has been developed to mimic the setup found on the FIA GT MC12.
Edo claims that the sprint from 0 to 62 mph is estimated at 3.5 seconds and that the run from rest to 186 mph is dropped to 22 seconds flat. All the specs are available in the press release after the jump.
Related GalleryFerrari Enzo by Edo Competition
[Source: Edo Competition via WCF]
Power est. 700 hp (514 kW) at 8200 rpm
Max. torque est. 715 Nm (527 ft-lb) at 5800 rpm
Top speed > 370 km/h (230 mph)
0 – 100 km/h (0 – 62 mph) est. 3.5s
0 – 200 km/h (0 – 124 mph) est. 9.5s
0 – 300 km/h (0 – 186 mph) est. 22.0s
- Power increased to about 700 hp thanks to new exhaust headers like on the Ferrari FXX, high-flow catalytic converter, performance muffler, modified intake with ram-air system, high-flow air filters and ECU recalibration
- Stainless steel muffler with adjustable remote-controlled butterfly-valve, new exhaust tips
- Exhaust sound level adjustable at the push of a button
- Wheels can be custom-painted on request
- Tire pressure monitoring system displaying air pressure and tire temperature for each wheel
- Sport suspension for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping like on the FIA GT MC12. Nose lift functionality is retained.
- Special lightweight wheels with Michelin tires
- Front: 10 x 19 with 265/35 ZR 19
- Rear: 13 x 20 with 335/30 ZR 20
- New high-performance clutch. Extremely lightweight. Two different friction compounds selectable (strada/pista)
- New transmission control unit. Same shift times as on the Ferrari FXX