All-new 2007 Jaguar XKR At-A-Glance Highlights
- 4.2-liter, supercharge V8 engine developing 420bhp and 413 lb.-ft. (560Nm) of torque
- 0-60mph acceleration in 4.9 seconds and 155mph (electronically limited) top speed
- All-aluminum construction means a lighter, stiffer vehicle, which improves handling and agility. At 3,671lbs (1,665kg), the Coupe is 154lbs (70kg) lighter than its predecessor, while the 3,781lbs (1,715kg) Convertible is 220lbs (100kg) lighter than its previous XKR Convertible
- Uprated springs and dampers, and recalibrated Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) system for enhanced ride and handling
- Class-leading six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles
- Active Exhaust System to ensure cruising speed refinement, but purposeful V8 roar under hard acceleration
- Subtle XKR exterior styling enhancements include a sportier grille and front bumper design, vented hood, unique aluminum-effect side power vents and new wheel designs
- Enhanced interior includes unique aluminum 'weave' design on the fascia (polished burl walnut is optional at no extra cost) and XKR sports seats
- Intuitive controls and driver-focused technologies are available – including Keyless Entry, Keyless Start, advanced Touchscreen and Active Front Lighting
THE ALL-NEW SUPERCHARGED JAGUAR XKR COUPE AND CONVERTIBLE – EXHILIRATION DEFINED
IRVINE, Calif, June 30, 2006 – Jaguar is proud to announce its new supercharged sports cars – the 2007 Jaguar XKR Coupe and Convertible. Making its global reveal at the 2006 London Motor Show on July 18, 2006, the all-new XKR takes the Jaguar experience to new heights.
Designed in parallel with the naturally aspirated 2007 XK Coupe and Convertible, the new supercharged XKR makes intelligent use of practical, modern technology such as its industry-leading aluminum monocoque body structure. In fact, the new XKRs' aluminum chassis are significantly lighter and stiffer in both Coupe and Convertible form than the steel counterparts they replace.
A 420bhp, 4.2-liter supercharged V8 engine makes the Jaguar XKR capable of rapid 0-60mph performance in just 4.9 seconds (XKR Coupe) and produces an electronically limited top speed of 155mph.
Both XKR Coupe and Convertible exhibit enhanced performance styling cues such as a sportier new grille and front
bumper design, a vented hood and distinctive aluminum-effect side power vents. Its unique option 19- or 20-inch alloy wheel designs and standard quad-exhaust system also add to its overall presence.
"The new supercharged XKR captures perfectly the essence of what makes a Jaguar XK so special," commented Bibie Boerio, Jaguar Cars managing director. "It is a perfect combination of refined Grand Tourer and serious performance sports car that delivers a truly rewarding and exhilarating driving experience."
Building on the excellence of the 2007 XKs introduced in 2005, the 2007 XKR is the epitome of a contemporary sports car and perfectly illustrates Jaguar's philosophy of building beautiful, fast cars. It combines beauty with power, and style with dynamism to deliver a world-class performance automobile.