Montana legislators pushing for 85 mph speed limit
State Rep. Mike Miller is one of four state legislators supporting the move to an 85-mph limit, which would increase the current state-wide, 75-mph speed maximum. If the measure passes, Montana would match Texas' lofty speed limit and it would pass a trio of other states that have successfully implemented 80-mph limits.
"Utah, Wyoming and Idaho have all done it. Nevada is looking at it, too. I didn't see any problems in the other states," Rep. Miller told The Montana Standard, Fox News reports.
The speed limit measure will be considered in the state legislature's next session.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models