Most winning Corvette racecar ever heads to auction
The 1968 Chevy L88 Corvette won checkered flags at multiple SCCA championships for owners Owens/Corning in the late '60s and early '70s.
Piloted by racer Tony DeLorenzo, son of GM executive John, and Jerry Thompson, this Corvette's 7-liter (427 cubic inch) big block V8 produces 685 horsepower and is mated to a Muncie M-22 "Rockcrusher" transmission. It's storied history includes taking the 1969 and 1972 SCCA National "A" Production Championships, 1968 and 1970 SCCA National "A" Production Runner-Up.
RM Auctions estimates this Corvette will sell for somewhere between $950,000 and $1.3 million.
Chevy Corvette Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models