Creator of Hot Wheels dies at 95
Elliot and Ruth created toys that are cherished by millions. Ruth is credited with bringing the Barbie lineup to life, while Elliot built Hot Wheels so that boys would also have a toy of their own.
Elliot Handler was born in Chicago, Illinois on April 9, 1916. His wife Ruth passed away on April 27, 2002. Elliot passed away on Thursday at the age of 95.
Our condolences go out to his family, and we'd just like to thank Handler for all the happy memories.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models