Video: An in-depth look into the Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3
Mercedes-Benz showed off the 2011 SLS AMG GT3 at this year's Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, giving the well-heeled a first look at Benz's latest big boy toy. Ever the gracious blue-bloods, Merc made a high-def video detailing the car for us peons who couldn't make the show.
For the GT3 SLS, Mercedes took a break from its usual conservatism and got all liberal with the carbon fiber, crafting the seat, safety cell, much of the bodywork and the splitter, diffuser and rear wing out of the black stuff.
The car also gets an air jack system and 19-inch centerlock wheels to help make it GT3 competitive. The best part of the video, though, is the sound of the SLS GT3's raucous, 563-horsepower V8 barking through unsilenced side pipes. Click past the jump to check it out.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX