GM stock takes 24% hit after analyst report
In addition to the $25 billion in loans that Congress has already approved, Detroit's Big 2.8 have asked for another $25 billion, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi shot off a letter to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson trying to get the $700 billion bailout to the financial industry to include the U.S.' ailing automakers. Who knows what kind of stipulations would be attached if such an agreement would take place, but the wholesale removal of GM's board would be a good start.
[Sources: Automotive News – Sub. Req., Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies