Demonstrating that good cop cars can also go bad, Chrysler has announced a recall of Dodge Chargers and Magnums equipped with the police package and column shifter. While the cars aren't exactly taking sides with the villainous, they are having difficulty displaying the proper transmission gearshift position on the dash. This error is leading to more than a few headaches for men and women in uniform, and can be downright dangerous if they're not in the gear they think they are. The recalled cruisers are 2006-2009 models, and they number more than 20,000 strong (including the 150 sold to Kuwait). Dealers will reportedly add a locking mechanism to the gearshift cable to keep the displays honest.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.