It's official: Volkswagen drops the GX3
Volkswagen has officially announced that it will not build the radical GX3 3-wheeler because of the potential for product liability issues in the U.S. market.
The two-seater runabout was a huge hit when it debuted at the Los Angeles Auto Show in January, and customer reaction to the GX3 since then can be summed up in two words: "build it!" Unfortunately, VW concluded that changes to the vehicle to reduce the risks of lawsuits would have compromised the GX3's design and driven costs out of reach for its intended market.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX