Tomorrow, two guys who love them some white bandanas - Nik and Brian - will get into their 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI in New York City and attempt to drive all the way to Los Angeles in 36 hours using just one* tank of gas. They're calling the 3,000-mile journey "Willie Run" and the Jetta has been christianed Willie One. The car uses not just the stock gas tank but also a "second, high-capacity fuel tank" in the trunk. Details on the modification here.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Aug 20, 2008
Thanks to diesel's high-mpg factor and some of Europe's small countries, it's not impossible to hit six nations on one tank of fuel. Here in the U.S., though, the distances are a bit longer, and we can't quite make it to as many lands without refueling. Some see the distance as a challenge to be conquered, like Nik Bristow and his driving buddy, who intend to take a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI from NYC to Los Angeles on one* tank of gas. The trip will take place about a month from now and is named
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models