Every three years, a half dozen or so teams of sailors embark on an epic eight-month, round-the-world sailboat race formerly called the Whitbread Round the World Race and known since 2001 as the Volvo Ocean Race. This year's event started a month ago in Alicante, Spain, and will end next June at the Swedish automaker's hometown of Gothenburg. And to mark the occasion, just as it has in years past, Volvo has launched a special edition of one of its roadgoing models.
Volvo Ocean Race
- Chris Bruce
- Apr 1, 2014
Volvo is improving the luxury offered by the XC60 and S80 with upgrades to both models' Inscription packages for 2015. It is also making all of its models (other than the soon-to-be-replaced XC90) available with its new Drive-E engine family and Sensus infotainment system.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models