London's iconic taxi cabs have long been comfortable, loud and diesel-belching. Now, one of the largest manufacturers of the taxi cabs, Manganese Bronze, has announced plans to produce an electric version with electric vehicle specialists the Tanfield Group. The company has been losing business as some cities refuse to buy the standard diesel version due to emissions.
- Domenick Yoney
- Mar 13, 2008
Seattle is a city that seems to have it all. A great nightlife, lots of places to get coffee, amazing weather that Space Needle thing. What it doesn't have is a whole lot of hybrids in its taxi fleet. Sure, it has a few schlepping folks to and from Sea-Tac but that's about it. Mayor Greg Nickels wants to change that and he's proposing that the city help cabbies make the switch with "special cab financing," according to an article at the website of KOMO TV.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models