Earlier this year, there were reports of at least three Tata Nano runabouts channeling The Trammps and going up in Disco(unt) Infernos. Of the three Nanos that got the charbroil treatment, two of them were apparently due to a faulty switch. The third couldn't be explained, so Tata put together a team of 20 employees supplemented by a forensics expert to figure out what was going on.
Yesterday, we shared a scary bit of news about a Tata Nano going up in flames only minutes after it was delivered to a customer. This isn't the first incident involving a Nano catching fire – in fact, the folks at Indian Autos Blog report that three other Nanos have suffered similar issues, all while the cars were parked.