Tata Motors is expected become the winning bidder for Jaguar and Land Rover in the coming weeks. While the Indian automaker could soon be selling us expensive British luxury cars and SUVs, it's also hard at work developing the world's least expensive car. The cheap car under development is expected to sell for around 100,000 rupees or around $2,500 USD, and we've just learned it will be unveiled early next month at the Auto Expo in New Delhi.
Tata Cheap Car
- Chris Tutor
- Aug 20, 2007
We told you last year about India's Tata Motors' plan to begin selling a four-door, rear-engined, VW Rabbit-sized vehicle for less than 100,000 Rupees, or about $2,400.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models