The name Bluebird may be synonymous with speed, made as it were by the land speed record car that bore the name the better part of a century ago. But speed doesn't always come without its setbacks.
- Chris Paukert
- Jul 8, 2013
Another day, another EV sports car concept from out of the ether? Well, yes and no – Bluebird should be a familiar name to anyone with even a passing interest in land speed record history. A series of record-breaking LSR cars and boats ran the under the Bluebird moniker in the 1920s and 1930s with Britain's Sir Malcolm Campbell at the wheel, a legacy later carried on by his son, Donald Campbell and his grandson, Don Wales. It's that same lineage that's being leveraged with a new sports car
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models