When this writer was in high school, taking auto shop involved learning how to replace brakes, swap out clutches and tune carburetors on a TR7 with a screwdriver and a length of garden hose. The world has come a long way in the past thirty years.
Shell Eco Marathon Americas
- Nik Bristow
- Mar 29, 2010
For the second year in a row, the student team from Laval University in Quebec, Canada took home the $5,000 top prize in a worst-to-first finish at the Shell Eco-marathon Americas. In case you missed the headline, their winning entry in the "Prototype" category returned 2,487.5 miles per gallon. We find it incredibly thrilling to report mpg ratings that require a comma so we're going to write it again: 2,487.5 mpg. Wow.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models