UAW local 372 in Trenton, MI voted to approve a tentative agreement with Chrysler that would change the way things are run at the Trenton engine plant (shown). Significant changes reported by The Car Connection include new work rules, big reductions in job classifications and changes to how work time is counted that will lead to fewer overtime hours.
- Erin Mays
- Mar 29, 2006
The IG Metall labor union has been scheduling a series of short warning strikes at plants belonging to suppliers and automakers throughout its network, and a BMW AG plant in eastern Germany was the recipient of such a strike. The 1,000 workers at BMW's plant in Leipzig stopped work for an hour Tuesday morning for what was the first of similar strikes to follow in Wednesday at Ford and Siemens plants.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models