Despite the fact that Ford has yet to request any special funding from either the federal governments in the United States or abroad, the automaker has repeatedly said that it supports its competitors as they seek financial aid. According to Ford of Europe CEO John Fleming, "We have no objections to competitors asking governments for support in these very difficult times."
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Mar 6, 2009
Opel, General Motors' Deutsch subsidiary, may have hit a snag in its bid for government assistance from the German government. According to Automotive News, Finance Minister Peer Steinbrueck says of the proposal as it currently stands: "is not a workable basis for a decision." Steinbrueck said that Germany is willing to offer assistance to its domestic automakers, "But we can't make decisions that are irresponsible on a completely inadequate basis."
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models