Historically speaking, Canada has gotten the blunt end of the stick when it comes to new car pricing compared to its southern neighbors. Pricing on many vehicles versus an otherwise identical U.S. counterpart has long been comparatively inflated, and America's recently passed Cash-For-Clunkers bill has left many Canadian consumers feeling even more short-changed than normal.
New Car Incentive
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Mar 31, 2009
One of the interesting tidbits revealed by President Obama during Monday's press conference on the auto industry was the announcement of a tax deduction for sales tax on new vehicle purchases. Later in the day, the Internal Revenue Service made the money saving incentive official and fleshed out some of the finer points.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models